"Why should my child continue their involvement
with music at South Brunswick High School?"
Studies show there is a direct correlation between participation in music and student success. Students who participate in band are typically the school's top-performing students in academics and are members of school honor societies and other organizations that are highly recognized by colleges across the country. Also, music can help students learn important life lessons that are not standardized in school curricula, including time management, teamwork, individual discipline, motivation, and critical thinking. Here are a few articles that advocate the importance of music for our young students. Please join the cause in advocating arts in the schools!
- The Explosion of the Marching Arts in our Schools
- Marching Band is not for the faint of heart in the summer
- 10 Reasons to join High School Marching Band
- Arts in the Schools
- "Everything I need to know, I learned in music class."
- From the Band Room to the Board Room
- The Essay that got 1 student into all 8 Ivy League schools